Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Gasp, another post....

Don't worry... no pointless drivel about things which mean very little to those other than me. Today I thought I would chat about something which could make anyone's day full of roses, sunshine and some annoying Disney-like forest music. Today I want to talk about Converse. Now, I love my Chuck Taylors. I can't get enough of them. Basically since I was old enough to pick out my own shoes I have bypassed the trendy heels and dangerous looking wedges other were wearing, and picked myself up a pair of reliable, good-for-everything chucks. I have to confess, they weren't always real chucks. More than once I found a great pair of converse knock-offs at Payless and gladly paid my $9.99 for 3 or 4 months of wear. Mostly I couldn't resist because they were made out of some fantastic fabric with ladybugs or some other nonsense. Either way, real or not, I have worn every pair until the hole in the bottom of the sole starts letting in little rocks (or snow) and then, they get to live in my closet for a long time before I can part with them.
Did I just get a new pair? Is that what this is all about? No, even better. I was perusing the little knitting booklets... you know the ones the cover one wall by the yarn in the craft store? I was looking for some variation on a style of baby sweater I am hoping to knit for an ex-boyfriend who just had his first baby. (A girl! Welcome to the world little Niev.) In amongst all the horrible, terrible, no good, very bad bootie patterns I discovered (pause for effect) a pattern for baby high-top Chuck Taylor All-Stars. Oh my. The world is right again. Can't you see the sunshine breaking through the clouds? What is that annoying sound I hear? Disney forest music?
I am almost done with the first shoe. I am making some modifications as I want it be a little girly, but I could not think of a more perfect bootie for my artist friend's first daughter. (or anyone frankly... if I have some time I am going to try to make slippers for myself on much bigger needles with bigger yarn.)
Happy Wednesday folks. Hope there's a smile on your face too.

ok... I have to update. I just went to the site to get the link info and all, and I discovered that Converse has a design your own All-Stars feature. How cool is that.

No comments: