Thursday, October 05, 2006

The LIST

The more I think about the list the scarier it seems. How many days until Thanksgiving?
Let's start with October. It's always a busy month with 2 kids and 2 dogs needing costumes every year, not to mention throwing something together for myself (all for the joy of dressing up as we will maybe, if we are lucky, get 25 kids at our house).So....

1) Costume for Sarah. She's 2 and going to be a princess. This one will be very fun, and probably not pink at all. Due date: 10/29 for school party

2) Costume for Aaron. Probably a prince. He's told me he wants to be a prince so he and Sarah can get married. Hm. They are siblings, but technically they would be royalty and marrying within the family not so strange with royals. Due date: 10/29

3) Dooblebop costume for Morgan. This one is a favor for the kid's Nana. It should be easy, and is almost halfway done already. Due date: 10/20

4) Butterfly quilt. Also for Nana. This one is in process, and the most frustrating so far. It for some reason was harder to picture than others I've made, and therefore I procrastinated. A lot. Due date: Next Monday

5)Socktober!!! I have only once ever made a sock. It was about 2 weeks ago, and I am really hoping to get at least the mate done this month, and I have declared this year x-mas of the socks. Everyone I know should expect socks. If I have time that is... so don't spread the word yet. Due date: October I guess, and then 12/20 or so. As long as they are done before I get off the plane I am good.

6)At least one hot dog costume for a dog. Mr Grumpy, the live-in boyfriend saw the pattern and asked for one for his boss. Also, our friend has a little yippy dog and I have threatened to dress it up this year.

7) Spinning roving swap package. I owe a cool spinning beginner set to my swap partner. Neither of us know anything about spinning. This scares me. More on this soon because I have plans for it...

I guess that's enough to start with. Expect LIST: part deux in the near future. I will also try to put up some pics of my projects, knitting and sewing.

No comments: